Bristol University last week published its Wealth and Assets Survey which shows the richest 50% of British households own 91% of the nation's private wealth. This leaves only 9% for the other 50%. Lots of other interesting stats in the report which can be downloaded from Office of National Statistics website.
If you and your family are in the bottom half the implications are obvious but research by Richard Wilkinson and Kate Pickett have shown how inequality harms everyone including the very richest. I would strongly recommend their book The Spirit Level: Why More Equal Societies Almost Always Do Better. One of the book's chapters focuses on crime. Further information about this interesting thesis is available through the Equality Trust.
Gender, Bitcoin and Altcoins - Despite the fact that women played a key role in the development of modern technology, the digital domain is a disproportionately male space. Recent storie...
1 day ago