Sunday 20 June 2010

Confessions of Killers

A group of men who shot dead a man over 14 years ago this week spoke about the killing to the Salt Lake Tribune.

Here are some of their comments:
To me it was just an assignment, nothing more than getting an order
(it was like) returning a defective product to the manufacturer.
I had a good feeling that we had successfully completed the task
I wrestled with the morality. I'm not a super-religious or spiritual person. I go to church every Sunday. I did wrestle with 'thou shall not kill.' But I still felt that it was part of my job.
My wife was worried over possible retaliation from people if they learned I was one of the shooters
I was worried about some lawyer working the courts to have us all charged with homicide

No comments:

Post a Comment