Wednesday 23 September 2009

I received the e-mail below from one of last year's students. I haven't read the book but thought I would pass on his recommendation. In one of next term's seminars we will be debating drugs and this looks like a really useful resource

Hello John- just a quick message from the other side of the world for you- only
to say that I have just brought a book that I believe you could encourage your
students of next year to read regarding the topic area 'the war on drugs'. Its
called The Candy Machine by Tom Feiling. Despite only reading the first 15 pages
while sitting on the beach this morning I thought of you and last year and how
it would have helped me construct a good argument in last years final exam.
Check it out anyway and see what you think http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009/sep/05/candy-machine-tom-feiling-review


No comments:

Post a Comment